Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Tip Tuesday Monochromatic Challenge & Origami Shirt Tutorial

Hello and welcome here!  I hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying some nice weather where you live. Today the Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday is Monochromatic, I also have an Origami Shirt Tutorial there for you to make the super cute shirts you see on my cards, you can find that HERE!!

Challenge - Monochromatic
Tutorial - Origami Shirt

Card Size: approx. 6.75" x 7"
How fun is that!?!  An origami shirt easel card.  I had a lot of fun with making it.  Once you do 1 it's easy to catch on and comes together quickly.  It also was a lot of fun trying to decide how to embellish the shirt.
 
Sponsor
For a chance at the following prizes, be sure to link your creation to the Numbers Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday, you can enter up to 3 times!! For a chance at an extra prize leave a tip on your blog and be sure to leave 'tip' after your name in Mr. Linky.

Don't forget the challenge runs for 2 weeks and closes at 1pm.

 



Recipe:  PP-Echo Park Pride & Joy ABC, Bazzill CS-blue, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Spellbinders-A2 Filigree Delight, EK Success-Fountain Fun Corner Punch, CTMH SS-Cricut Artiste Collection Kudos, CTMH Ink-Outdoor Denim & Black, Copic N1, N2, N3, BasicBasic Ribbon-5/8" Blue Striped, Foam Squares, Rhinestones.

I went online to find how to tie a tie...it really wasn't that difficult, lol.

Card Size:  4.25" x 5.5"
I also made a smaller shirt to fit onto a card front. You will find the measurements for this card on the Tutorial as well.  I debated on adding buttons to the front and a pocket but decided to just go with simple.


Inside:
Recipe:  PP-BoBunny Surprise! Banners, Bazzill CS-cream & Mono Aspen, CTMH CS-Sweet Leaf, CTMH SS-You Rock & Happy Birthday, CTMH Ink-Black, Grey Flannel & Sweet Leaf, Tonic Studio Ticket/Tag Corner Punch, Foam Squares, Rhinestones, Cuttlebug Diamond Plate EF.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT monochromatic creations!!!
Deneen

4 comments:

Lenoria said...

I love this shirt card! I am going to check out your tutorial and try one for my husband. Thank you.

Lenoria said...

PS) How did you turn this into an easel card? I am checking out your gorgeous creations but I can't figure out how to place the shirt onto the easel so it will stand up and close.

Deneen said...

Hi Lenoria, I will try to explain it in words. Cut and fold your card base to measure 4.25" x 4.25". Now score what would normally be the card front in half - at 2 1/8" - so that the score line is parallel to the fold of the card. Now fold it (mountain fold) and you will adhere the bottom of the shirt to the section that is the edge of the card front (not the section closest to the fold.) I hope that helps, if not you can email me and I can take a quick photo of what I mean. dltreble@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Tutorial again Deneen you have done us proud! hugs me x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails