Thursday, March 28, 2013

Inspired Stamps Thinking of You Card Set

Hello and welcome here!  It time for card sets again at Inspired Stamps, don't you just love being inspired to make cards?  This time the DT are sharing Thinking of You cards...you can check out all the sets on the Inspired Stamps Blog.

Card Sizes:  4.25" x 5.5"
I used Thinking of You from the Inspired Stamp set Tags.  The awesome thing about clear stamps is that you can curve them on your block...you can see I curved the sentiment to go along the edge of the flower!  I love using bright Spring like colours for these cards.  I dyed the flowers using Copic inks...you can find my tutorial on how I did that below.

Recipe:  Inspired Stamps-Tags, PP-My Mind's Eye Memorable "I'm With..."Together & Basic Grey Marjolaine Tiramisu, Bazzill CS-Prismatics herbal Garden Dark & Mono burgundy, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black,  Spellbinders-Labels 23 & Marvelous Squares, Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Fanciful Flourish, Pearls, Craftwork Cards Candi-Cotton Candy, Foam Squares, Copic R85 & 0, Colour Me Crazy Flowers.

 Recipe:  Inspired Stamps-Tags, PP-My Mind's Eye Memorable "I'm With..."Together & Basic Grey Marjolaine Tiramisu, Bazzill CS-Prismatics herbal Garden Dark & Mono burgundy, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black,Spellbinders-Floral Ovals & Marvelous Squares, Cherry Lynn Fanciful Flourish, Martha Stewart Pinking Scallop Border Punch, Pearls, Craftwork Cards Candi-Cotton Candy, Foam Squares, Copic R85 & 0, White Organza Ribbon, Colour Me Crazy Flower.

 Recipe:  Inspired Stamps-Tags, PP-My Mind's Eye Memorable "I'm With..."Together & Basic Grey Marjolaine Tiramisu, Bazzill CS-Prismatics herbal Garden Dark & Mono burgundy, CTMH CS-White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Black, Cheery Lynn Designs Victorian Romance Flourish, Martha Sewart Vintage Doily Border Punch, Colour Me Crazy Flower, Pearls, Craftwork Cards Candi-Cotton Candy, White Organza Ribbon, Copic R85 & 0.

Inside:
I used Inspired Stamps Stampers Favorite Collection #2 and black ink for the verse inside the card, as well as Flowers with CTMH Baby Pink ink.


Inspired Stamps Used:
Tags
Stampers Favorite Collection #2
Flowers



Dying Flowers with Copic Ink Tutorial
On a scrap piece of paper, colour your flower with Copic ink.
Add several drops of Colorless Blender from a refill bottle to the center of the flower.  
(The bigger the flower, the more drops you will need.)
Allow to dry, add to project.
 
 You can see how the Colorless Blender 'pushes' the colour to the edges of the petal.  And because it's alcohol ink, the flower dries quite quickly.
 
For the flowers I coloured in the cards above, I only coloured in the middle of the flower, and not down the petal sides, then when I added Copic 0, it pushed the colour to the petal edges.

Enjoy,
Deneen

4 comments:

Mau xx said...

Beautiful Inspiring cards Deneen, I love the colours and flowers. A wonderful Scripture too.
Huge Hugs Mau xx
Have a Blessed Easter xx

Monica said...

These are definitely Inspiring. I love them all. Thank you for sharing. Congratulations on the semifinals and good luck in the finals. Beautiful site.

Oksana said...

Lovely inspiring cards, love the colours! Good luck in the final round with Heartfelt Creations, so exciting!xx

Patricia Chalas said...

Beautiful card Deneen!! your creations are so inspiring!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails