Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kraft Card with Scripture Verse

Hello and welcome here! I was at a loss again for a pretty or descriptive title for my post. I had thought about using 'Heinz 57 Card' but I figured it might leave you scratching your head. I used alot of different companies all on one card, lol, but sometimes that's what it takes to get what I've visualized in my head to paper.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"


I was on a purple and Kraft CS colour combo kick, I made this at the same time I made my Butterflies Card which you can see HERE. I also made my own background paper by using a swirly stamp around the edge of my Kraft CS. Hmmmm, I'm not liking the photo I have of it here and just might take a better picture later. *Edited to add-I have changed the photos now...they look much better, lol.

There are more and more companies producing stamps that coordinate with Spellbinders Nestabilities and I particularly loved this set by Our Daily Bread called Bird & Butterfly Labels. The verse is from Verve Stamps....lol, told ya this was a Heinz 57 card:)

Inside:


I used chalk to colour in the butterfly, I wanted a nice soft feel to it.

Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Pansy Purple, Petal & Sweet Leaf, CTMH Ink-Pansy Purple, Black, Petal & Desert Sand, CTMH SS-Happy Journey, Our Daily Bread Stamp-Bird & Butterfly Labels, Verve Stamps-Psalm 46:10 & Circular Sayings, JustRite Stamps-Kindness, Inkadinkado Stamps-Butterfly 60-00048, Nestabilities-Labels 18, Impressabilities-Floral & Stone, Marianne Designs-Flourish (Frame) LR0116, Martha Stewart-Scroll Lace Border Punch, Recollections Flowers, Pearls, White Grosgrain Ribbon, White Organdy Ribbon, Foam Squares.

Phew, is it hot enough where you are these days?Smiley We've been having a bit of a heat wave too. Yesterday it was 38C (100F), but of course adding the humidity it feels more like 43C (109F). Let's just say I let the kids watch more TV than usual so that they would come inside to cool down.

Hope you're having a great week! Don't forget to check HERE where I'll be drawing a name from the all the comments left for a FREE stamp set from Inspired Stamps.

Deneen...who is going to take better pictures of my card right now:)

1 comment:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love this sentiment/verse. Lovely card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails