Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's Tilda Time:)

I have another Tilda card to share with you today. She's been sitting on my desk for over a month now. I wanted to try colouring black hair, and then using my CTMH stamp set Flower Pot for the window. I got stuck with what flowers to add to the card...big, small, flat, 3D, I had my friend Wendy (hi Wendy) help me out:) She's a Magnolia lover as well.
.
The card didn't turn out quite as cheery as I had imagined it, but maybe it suits Longing Tilda.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Floral Impressions, CTMH CS-White Daisy, Garden Green, Petal, Lilac Mist & Baby Pink, CTMH Ink-Chocolate, CTMH SS-Flower Pot & Universal Backgrounds, Memento Black Ink, Magnolia SS-Longing Tilda, Martha Stewart Eyelet Lace Border Punch, Pearls, Foam Squares, Cuttlebug Vintage Die, Flower Punch.
Copics Used:
Skin-YR0000, YR00, E00, R02
Hair-C3, 5 & 7, 100
Dress-Y11, 17 & 21 (polka dots-white gel pen)
Shutters/Window Box-E31, 33 & 37, 100 (wood grain stamped with CTMH Universal Backgrounds)
.
Here's a close-up of the cutie-pie.
.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Enjoy,
Deneen

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Beautiful little scene you have created and your coloring is wonderful! hugs, Angela

LINDA W. said...

Great card love your coloring and
the flowers that you added
Hugs Linda

RenateKreativ said...

a wonderful card, your szene is so cute, I love your flowers you have used.
Have a nice day
Hugs Renate

Rosie said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable!! I have those CTMH stamps...definitely need to go pull them out. Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, Rosemary

Rene said...

This is FAB! I love the little lace "curtain" and how Tilda is poised in the windowsill...those flowers below are so whimsical! Fantastic!
Rene :D

Christel Webb said...

I like it a lot. Everything on it. And your colouring is perfect. The background is beautiful. Just a great card

Christel

Card Crazy said...

I think it's perfect. The subdued colors are a nice change and her little lace curtains are a delightful addition.
Sue S.

Leslie said...

What you talkin' 'bout Willis? This card is darling. You set out to paint a picture and you certainly achieved it. I try to do that and it never transfers from my thoughts to paper. That's why I am a path of paper stalker. :-)

Cami said...

Very pretty and sweet card! I love the scene you created with soft colors and your coloring is beautiful!
Hugs, Cami

Sandy said...

Without question, I absolutely adore this card - I am an avid collector of American Folk Art and I think you card exemplifies the colors and simplicity of the art work I adore. It is simply yet elegant - the colors are gorgeous - the valence is wonderful and your flowers are over the top magnificent! Can you tell? I love your card - you win first prize!!
Hugs,
sandy

Candy said...

Deneen,
I think your card is a delight.
What a great idea to use the flower pot as a window sill - it looks great!
Oh! your Tilda is coloured wonderfully. Her black hair is wonderful!! LOVE the polka dots on her dress :o)
Your flowers are perfect - just the right kind and extra pretty with all the pearls in them. Love your fancy corners and your beautiful design paper.
Hugs, Candy

justme1972 said...

IMHO, you're card is adorable Deneen!!! I LOVE the colors!!!!


justme,
laura

Jean said...

Goodness Deneen, this is adorable, love your corners and your flowers. love your little pearls in your flowers and your shutters on your window... Did you color your background or is that paper you had? I really love it..I love Tilda's hair.. Really great card.
Hugs, Jean

Deneen said...

Hi Everyone!!
Thanks so much for the uplifting comments. It's interesting how we can doubt our own abilities.

You've made me look at it through your eyes, rather than my own jaded ones.

Hi Jean, that's old Close To My Heart paper I used for the background, I loved it subtleness and pastel feel. (Behind Tilda in the window, I used C1)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring Deneen! I think it's very cheerful and charming... made me smile! Love how you made the curtain too and the flowers accent just right! a little mini flower garden...
Pam Going Postal

cabio's craft corner said...

Very sweet card and your colored Tilda is so cute :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails