Monday, August 09, 2010

Sketch Challenge on H2H

And a Happy Monday to you all! Welcome here:) I hope everyone is having a great summer. Time seems to be flying by...just think, 1 more month and sch.....sch......school starts, gulp. That means back to work for me. I really enjoy the time off, but I also look forward to the school routine again. I love having the kids at home, but on days when they are getting on each other's last nerve, I can't wait for school, lol:) Well, enough about me, on to what you came for.
.
This week the on Heart 2 Heart Challenges, it's a Sketch Challenge. Here's the Sketch:
And here's my card based on the sketch. I stayed almost true to the sketch, I added a bow instead of another circle. But that's what a sketch is for, a starting place to get your creative mojo going:) I had every intention of adding another circle, but then realized it would take away from my focal point, so I added the softness of a bow. I used CTMH's Blending Pen to add the darker colour to the flower.
Recipe: CTMH PP-Veranda, CTMH CS-Colonial White & Cocoa, CTMH Ink-Moonstruck, Chocolate, Desert Sand, Black & Honey, CTMH SS- You Are Beautiful & Say It In Style, Martha Stewart Layered Arches Border Punch, Nestabilities-Circle, Floral Accents & Labels Eight, Copic-C00, CTMH Satin Edge Colonial White Organdy Ribbon, Scor-It, Foam Squares, Pearls.
.
I almost forgot to mention that I used Nestabilities Labels Eight to add the fancy edge along the bottom. (Don't send your CS all the way through, you just send the very edge in, and then reverse it, hope that makes sense:))
.
Be sure to check out the great artwork based on this sketch by the other Design Team Members (the links are in my sidebar) or you can pop on over to the H2H Blog.
.
The challenge, if you should choose to accept it:
*Use the sketch as a jumping point for your artwork--you can flip it, and adjust it to suit you--we just need to be able to tell your artwork was based on the sketch.
.
Then don't forget to upload your artwork to your blog or other online gallery and then head over to H2H to leave your link so we can view your artwork. You could even be in the next Friday Five!!!
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

1 comment:

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! Love your focal point with the punched elements around it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails