Monday, August 02, 2010

H2H Create A Tag Challenge

This week it's a Create A Tag Challenge on Heart 2 Heart Challenges. This can be a tag alone, incorporated onto a card or layout...however you would like to present your artwork on a tag! And Lori Miller - Clearly From The Heart is the Prize Sponsor for this week, she is offering "everything to make the 9x9 Life Delights Memory Showcase." You can check it out on her blog, or at H2H Challenges Blog.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
I incorporated my tag onto a card...or maybe I should say 'into' the card, lol. I made a little pocket for the tag to slide into. I added some Stickles to the tag, you can see it glitter in the photo below.
.
Here is a short tutorial on how I put the card/tag together:
The White Daisy CS is on the left. The B&T piece that is behind the pocket does not have to go all the way to the bottom because it will be covered by the pocket.
.
Remember to only place adhesive around the outside edges of the pocket piece, otherwise you end up gluing the pocket shut:)
.
You can make your tag any size that will fit in the pocket. Mine is 3" x 4". And how come no one told me I could use the CTMH VersaMat to measure out the corners for the tags???? As I was thinking about what was a good angle and amount to take off the corner, I looked down at the tag on my VersaMat and noticed that the angle was perfect!!! So I took my ruler and drew a line to cut on....it couldn't have been any easier:) Gotta love when that happens!!!
Recipe: CTMH PP-Topstitch, CTMH CS-Cocoa, Colonial White & Heavenly Blue, CTMH Ink-Heavenly Blue, Baby Pink, Cocoa, Black & Chocolate, CTMH SS-Love Is In The Air, CTMH Soft Suede Pinwheels, CTMH Satin Edge Colonial White Organdy Ribbon, Martha Stewart Rain Drop Border & Corner Punch, Nestabilities-Curved Rectangles & Labels 4, Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Foam Squares, Stickles, Rhinestones.
.
Be sure to check out what the other DT Members did for the Create A Tag Challenge!! (Links are on my sidebar). Don't forget to post your creation, and then go to the H2H Blog to link to it. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

What a beautiful card and tag!! I love the edge treatment, and the tag is so fun with these pretty papers!
Nice work!

Mary said...

Super cute Deneen! So happy to have you on the team!

The Closet Crafter said...

Beautiful work as always! And thanks for sharing the how-to as well. You'll have a great time on the new H2H team! Congratulations!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails