Tuesday, June 22, 2010

For the Grad!

My mom needed a Graduation Card...but with just a few requirements....{sigh} moms, ya gotta love them! She would like to see a grad hat, it needs to be feminine, but not floral, use greens and gold, but don't use pink or yellow, and it needed to have the verse Jer. 29:11 on it. Phew, just a few things to keep in mind as I was designing it. Thanks to Connie at The Scrapbook Cottage :), I had a sketch to start with, and the rest came together fairly quickly. Mom hasn't seen it yet, but I hope she likes it.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
It's difficult to see, but I lined the scroll lace border with Organdy Ribbon, it has a nice sheen to it, and gives the border a little sparkle.
Recipe: Paper-My Mind's Eye-So Sophie, CTMH PP-Veranda, CTMH CS-Smokey Plum, Juniper, Colonial White & White Daisy, CTMH Ink-Smokey Plum & Black, CTMH SS-Key To My Heart, Elegant Script & Class Of, Pearls, Nestabilities-Labels 4 & Floral Accents, Martha Stewart Scroll Lace Border Punch, Ribbon, Reminisce Stickers, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
.
For some reason, my watermark wasn't opening, so I quickly typed up one...that's why it's so tiny...hopefully it will be working for next time:)
.
Don't forget to check back on Friday....I should have my card done for Heart 2 Heart Challenges. The challenge just happens to be a colour challenge, Buttercup, Black, and Tulip.
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails