Monday, May 17, 2010

You Are Beautiful Card - H2H #7

Happy Monday! Today Heart 2 Heart Challenges posted their next challenge (H2H #7), and it's a colour challenge!
.
.
Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
.
I procrastinated with this challenge because I have a hard time with colour challenges. Once I started working with the colours, I was inspired, and this is the card that I came up with. I really love how the Ocean colour 'pops' off the card.
.
I stamped the flower in Desert Sand, and then stamped the flower with 2nd generation Ocean. I then used my CTMH blending pen to add some dimension to the flower and buds. I finished off the image by stipple brushing Desert Sand around the edge. Of course I had to use my new Martha Stewart Punch (that my hubby so generously got me for my birthday).
.
Recipe: CTMH CS-White Daisy, Desert Sand, Topiary & Cocoa, CTMH Ink-Ocean, Desert Sand & Black, CTMH SS-You Are Beautiful & Live Inspired, Martha Stewart Woodland Branch Corner & Edge Punch, Foam Squares, CTMH Blending Pen, Satin Ribbon, Pearls.
.
Make sure to pop on over to H2H Challenges and check out what everyone else has done with this weeks colour challenge.
.
.
.
On a personal note:
For those of you who have asked how my blue streak looks (which I got because I turned 40 on Mother's Day and had to do something crazy), I took some pictures.
Without blue streak (I didn't know if I should smile or not...I look so serious, lol.).
With blue streak...it's hard to see in this shot (thought I should smile this time around:))
.
Did you miss me (or at least a post from me...lol) last Thursday. Weeeelllllll, let me tell you, "HE CAN BE TAUGHT!!!" My hubby, after 15 years of marriage, surprised me with a romantic get-away-from-the-kids weekend....also a birthday gift. He was so sweet, treated me like a queen the whole weekend...I didn't lift a finger. The cottage we were in had a jacuzzi, a fireplace, a sauna shower, a theatre room, and it even had a dishwasher (which I didn't use, but hubby did). I just want to give my hubby a BIG thank-you. THANKS honey, I love you!!
.
Enjoy,
Deneen

6 comments:

The Closet Crafter said...

Holy Cow! Our birthdays are two days apart! I didn't get a romantic weekend getaway, but did add to my Copic collection!
Anyway, your card is awesome! I love that border punch, it really adds a special something to the whole piece.
Love the blue!

B said...

Beautiful card and awesome hubby!

Christine Adams said...

Wowzers!! What a great hubby!! (The hair looks great, by the way!)
Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Love what you did with this challenge and it WAS a challenge! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Mary said...

What a wonderful birthday treat! Love your card (I was just eyeing that punch the other day myself). Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Lori Miller said...

Great job on the card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails