Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thinking of You

What was I thinking!?! Of you of course *smiles*. I actually stepped out of my colour box and worked with different colours than I normally do. The colour inspiration actually came from the display at the front of my church...lol. Green & Brown. So I thought, hmmmm, I never thought of those two colours together, I've got to go try them on a card.

Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"

And here's my creation:
I gold embossed 'Thinking of You', and attached it using 3D Foam Squares. I used first and 2nd Generation stamping for the flowers.
Here's the inside:
(because I make up 6 cards at a time, I tend to try and keep them general so that I can use them for a variety of situations).
Recipe: CTMH Paper-Sweet Leaf B&T, CTMH CS-Cocoa, Topiary & Colonial White, CTMH Ink-Dutch Blue & Topiary, CTMH SS-Sweet Flowers, Gracious Greetings & Love Flourishes (inside), Gold Embossing Powder, Gold Brads, 3D Foam Squares.
Boy, I'll tell you, this card gave me quite some grief. I love the final card, but to get there was quite a journey....cuttlebug the background, no cuttlebug the background, sponge daub the edges, no sponge daub the edges, cuttlebug the background with a different folder, no cuttlebug the background with a different folder, use my frame punch, no use my frame punch, use die cut corners, no use die cut corners, use ribbon, no use ribbon.....phew, I haven't had a card cause me such grief in a long time. Hope you enjoy the final look as much as I do!
Enjoy,
Deneen

2 comments:

Lee said...

Pretty! You should advertise on other websites. Like mine :>

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails